From the Back Cover
Widely utilized for its much-coveted ability to bring a network approach to scheduling, Critical Path Management (CPM) has become a powerful catalyst for fail-safe construction project design and management. And when it comes to applying CPM to day-in, day-out construction situations, this is the one guide you'll want to have.
Written by the vice chair of the celebrated construction management firm that renovated San Francisco's cable car system and redeveloped New York's JFK Airport, and coauthored by one of America's leading construction scheduling experts, the Fifth Edition of CPM in Construction Management arms you with more glitch-busting tools than ever for smooth handling of complex jobs.
This highly informative, highly useful book shows you how CPM:
* Works--and how to make it work for you
* Serves as the analytical tool of choice for the evaluation, negotiation, resolution, and/or litigation of construction claims
* Cuts costs in a one-person operation or the most complex multinational enterprise
* Helps you stay on top of every aspect of complicated projects
* Saves you big money in delay avoidance, accurate cost predictions, and claims reduction
* Multiplies the effectiveness of your instincts, experience, and knowledge
* Explains how to fully and properly utilize the power of leading scheduling software such as Primavera(tm)
With case studies of major construction projects around the world and a "John Doe" example project that's followed throughout, this book goes a long way in simplifying your application of CPM. From cutting project time up to 40 percent, to advanced gains from computer programs... from assessing critical deliveries, to courtroom evidentiary value... this updated classic is the construction tool that makes everything around you work better, faster, and more economically.